Since 1959 curling at Mississaugua has been built on a solid reputation of offering one of the finest curling surfaces in the country. Six sheets are available for our active program of men's, ladies', mixed, senior and junior curling. We are proud of the annual curling events and bonspiels we offer for all levels of play.
Our capable Curling Professional is always available to help organize teams and events as well as provide instruction to all sections. Our Curling Assistants are qualified instructors; our Icemaker keeps the ice in top condition. Our fully-stocked curling pro shop is available to keep you supplied with everything you might need.
In addition to weekly programs the Mixed Section offers guest curling through many fun events such as Sunday Sinners which includes brunch and curling several Sundays throughout the season.
The premier event for the Ladies' Section is the Chinook Bonspiel. It is open to teams from Mississaugua as well as other clubs. It culminates in a dinner and `show' put on by our ladies. Custer's Last Stand is one of the special guest events for the Men's section. The Senior Men's Invitational Bonspiel is a two day event which attracts more than 20 rinks from across Ontario and includes a number of rinks from Mississaugua. This bonspiel has been extremely popular for many years especially the wind-up dinner and 'skits' put on by our senior members. The Mr. & Mrs. Saga, our Mixed event attracts teams from across the province
Juniors and Little Rocks have instruction and play held on Thursdays. Junior Curling is encouraged and is available to children and grandchildren of members and to member-sponsored friends at very reasonable costs.
Curling participation is welcomed and there are openings in all categories. At Mississaugua the general rules of curling play are those established by the Canadian Curling Association.
|Janet Murphy, Curling Manager
A few highlights of Janet's 25 years of curling and hospitality experience include:
- Member of the Board of Directors at the Mayflower Curling Club
- Co-Director at the 1995 Labatt Brier, overseeing 300 volunteers
- Represented the Province of Nova Scotia as a Vice in The Scott Tournament of Hearts
- Instructor at Adult & Junior curling camps
- NCCP Competition Coach & National Certified Instructor
- Co-convenor of the largest Canadian mixed curling league at the Oakville Curling Club
- Manager of the Year Award for service excellence with a leading Canadian restaurant chain
- Competitor on World Curling Tour
Please select the following for more information:
2016 Ontario Junior Curling Championships
- January 6th - 10th at Mississaugua Golf and Country Club